On August 2, 2020, the SQL Family Team on Folding@Home passed the Three Billion “Grand Score” count for work unit credits. This is amazing, especially since our team has only been around since March 8, 2020. We previously passed the Two Billion mark on June 28, 2020.
We currently have 159 members on the team, and anyone is welcome to join. Our Team Number is 236,388. The SQL Family Team is currently in 198th place out of 254,498 teams.
I have learned quite a bit about Folding@Home over the past four months. Believe it or not, I have learned a few new things about PC hardware. I have also written a number of blog posts about some of my experiences. Hopefully, you will find these interesting and helpful.
- My Current AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Gaming Rig
- What Parts Should I Use For a New PC?
- Essential AMD Desktop PC Configuration Checklist
- What Speed RAM Do You Need For a Zen 2 CPU?
- Preparing Your System for Zen 3 Processors
- 5 Reasons Desktop PCs Are Better Than Laptops
- Building a PC for Flight Simulator 2020
- Unboxing an MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Motherboard
- $1500 AMD Gaming PC Build Guide
- Building a B550 Aorus Master System
- Should You Buy an AMD Ryzen 3000XT?
- Avoiding Common DIY PC Building Mistakes
- T-SQL Tuesday #127 – Non SQL Tips
- Building an Efficient Desktop Machine for Folding@Home
- Folding@Home Tips and Tricks
- Building a Home Computer Lab
- Folding@Home News
- Hardware for Folding@Home
- Folding@Home Power Usage
- Help Find a Cure With Folding@Home
Other Top Teams
You can get very detailed production information for our team from Extremeoverclocking.com. If you are part of a team, you can get detailed information on your own production history. Personally, I find this very helpful as a monitoring tool and for additional motivation!
I really want to thank everyone who has helped out with this effort, whether you are on the SQL Family Team or not. Please keep up the hard work!
If you have any questions about this post, please ask me here in the comments or on Twitter. I am pretty active on Twitter as GlennAlanBerry. Thanks for reading!